MINECRAFT POCKET EDITION WORLD EXPORTER
Created by Tikolu - tikolu.net
Latest version: 2.8 (released on the 1st of January 12021)
Minecraft Pocket Edition gives the user a choice of where their worlds should be kept. "External" and "Application".
"External" saves worlds in the device storage where the user can easily transfer them to another device. "Application" stores the worlds internally in Minecraft’s private folder to which only Minecraft has access.
Many people believe that rooting your device is the only method of exporting worlds saved under "Application". However, this is not true!
You can use this program to export worlds from Minecraft Pocket Edition if your "Storage Type" is set to "Application" in Minecraft Settings. The whole process is very simple and can be finished in under five minutes. Your device does NOT need to be rooted!
To use WorldExporter, you will need:
- A computer running Windows
- Java installed on the Computer
- A USB Cable to connect to your phone / tablet
- About five minutes and some patience
The program utilizes ADB’s backup feature which allows for copying an application’s data even without root privileges. However, the exported backup file is encrypted so Android Backup Extractor is used to extract its contents into a tar archive. 7zip is then used to unarchive the tar file, and finally, the minecraftWorlds folder is moved to the WorldExporter’s directory where it can be easily accessed by the user.
The only user interaction required is the enabling of USB Debugging in Android settings. Instructions for doing this are included in the program.
The code for the program is open-source and is available on GitHub.
Have you made a Tutorial about WorldExporter in your own language? Send it to me and I will add it to the list.
WorldExporter is provided for free, but if it helped you, please consider donating. Even the smallest amount will be greatly appreciated! Also, check out some of my other projects.
The latest version can be downloaded from the Tikolu website by using the link below:
WorldExporter 2.8.zip (8.2MB)
After downloading, first open and extract the ZIP file, then run "exporter.cmd".
Java needs to be installed for World Exporter to function. Java can be downloaded from here.
To download older versions of WorldExporter, please see the changelog. Keep in mind that some of these may no longer function correctly.
WorldExporter is (and always will be) a free to use project. However, you can support me as well as the future development of WorldExporter by donating.
Click on the below links to choose a payment method:
PayPal Donation (or card)
Any amount will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks to the following people for supporting WorldExporter and allowing it to be free to use by everyone:
|Joel G. Pereira
Don’t want your name publicly shown?
Want a username or link shown instead?
Let me know and I will change it.
- MCPE World Exporter
Created by Tikolu (website)
- Help and error testing
Provided by Cory Rankin (github)
- Android Debug Bridge
Created by Google (download)
- Google USB Driver for Windows
Created by Google (download)
- Android Backup Extractor
Created by Nikolay Elenkov (github)
Created by Igor Pavlov (website)
- Tutorial videos
English tutorial PeppPizza (youtube)
Spanish tutorial by EL GATO MINECRAFT (youtube)
French tutorial by Mr.Blaster G (youtube)
Russian tutorial by Sugneg (youtube)
Portuguese (Brazil) tutorial by Jackson Leonardo (youtube)
Vietnamese tutorial by Rlust (youtube)
Version 2.8 - 12021-01-01 (download)
- Minecraft will now automatically be closed before exporting worlds in order to prevent corruption to worlds.
- WorldExporter will now activate Minecraft’s main activity before sending the backup command in order to properly open the app data.
- The Android Driver is no longer included with WorldExporter, but can be downloaded from here if necessary.
- WorldExporter will now check if the filesystem is corrupted, instead of blaming it on Java not being installed.
- ADB will now get restarted each time WorldExporter is run.
- Additional information will now be included with the backup error, which will help with diagnosing the issue.
- The empty backup error will now suggest that you try restarting your device and computer. It will also contain some diagnostic information about the contents of the backup.
- Added information to not enter a password on the backup screen.
- Added anonymous error reporting and usage statistics through cURL.
- The diagnostic terminal will now include commands to stop and restart ADB.
- Changed all documentation URLs included in the program from /worldExporter to /world-exporter.
Version 2.7 - 12020-06-04 (download)
- WorldExporter will now ensure that Java is fully operational before proceeding. Before it would only check for the existence of "java.exe".
- The "minecraftWorlds" folder should now actually open after extraction, instead of just showing an empty command prompt window.
- The diagnostic terminal now contains a choice of frequently used commands, which allows for an easier and faster diagnosis without entering long commands.
- Added information on how to skip the Driver Installation if it has already been done before.
- When starting WorldExporter, the heading incorrectly said "Internal World Exporter". This has now been changed to "Minecraft World Exporter".
- Small grammar changes to the "Files Missing" error, the extraction process and the end information.
Version 2.6 - 12020-04-16 (download)
- Fixed a bug which, on certain systems, showed an error when trying to automatically open the worlds folder after extraction.
- The diagnostic terminal will now include information explaining its purpose.
- Changes to the window title.
- All additional CMD files should now contain the new URL to the Tikolu Website.
Version 2.5 - 12020-04-05 (download)
- Exported worlds will now be saved into WorldExporter’s directory instead of the desktop.
- Permission to write files to the desktop is no longer required, meaning that the program can now run without Administrator privileges.
Version 2.4 - 12019-11-18 (download)
- Changed all Tikolu Website URLs to the new domain.
- Added donation information to the program itself.
Version 2.3 - 12019-09-15 (download)
- ADB will now get properly initialized using the start-server command.
- ADB will now get properly turned off after worlds are exported using the kill-server command.
- Added a new error message for when the Desktop is inaccessible due to permission errors.
Version 2.2 - 12019-08-04
- Fixed a bug which caused files to be inaccessible when running World Exporter with administrator privileges.
- All required 7zip DLLs will now be included in the files folder.
Version 2.1 - 12019-08-03 (download)
- Changes to all error messages
- Ignoring the "Minecraft Not Installed" error is no longer an option.
- Some unnecessary confirmation messages will no longer be shown during world extraction.
- Download now also available from Tikolu website.
Version 2.0 - 12019-07-11 (download)
- Special thanks to Cory Rankin for his help with the development of this update.
- Project will now be available on GitHub.
- Added diagnostic Terminal tool in files folder.
- Errors no longer have red text.
- WorldExporter will now offer to delete the world folder from the desktop if a conflict is detected.
- Changes to the "Minecraft Not Installed" error message.
- The "Backup Error" message will now be more friendly.
- The worlds folder will automatically open after extraction.
- Messages displayed during the extraction process will make more sense.
- The user will now be informed when they can disconnect their device.
Version 1.7 - 12019-07-10 (download)
- Java Runtime will no longer be included with WorldExporter.
- An error will now display if Java is not installed.
- A message will be displayed while ADB is initializing.
- Self extracting EXE archives will no longer be available as they proved to be too problematic.
Version 1.6 - 12019-07-07 (download)
- The default download method will now be ZIP because self extracting EXE archives were too problematic.
- A few ADB related bugs have been fixed.
Version 1.5 - 10219-02-21 (download)
- World Exporter will now check for necessary files before download.
Version 1.4 - 12018-12-30 (download)
- Added option to skip Minecraft installation check for devices which do not respond to ADB’s path command correctly.
Version 1.3 - 12018-12-06
- Added error message when attempting to export worlds from an empty Minecraft backup.
- WorldExporter will now check if the minecraftWorlds folder exists before attempting to move it to the Desktop.
- Added links to documentation inside of WorldExporter.
- Online documentation will now open instead of the credits.
Version 1.2 - 12018-12-05
- Instructions will skip if WorldExporter detects an already connected device.
- Extraction will cancel if a worlds folder already exists on desktop to avoid errors.
- WorldExporter will check if Minecraft is present on the device before initiating extraction.
- WorldExporter will now detect if backup was cancelled by the user or if a Desktop Backup Password was incorrectly entered.
Version 1.1 - 12018-12-04
- Simplified included instructions.
- Fixed various grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Steps which were unnecessarily divided were joined up.
Version 1.0 - 12018-12-03
Tikolu and WorldExporter are neither endorsed nor affiliated with Minecraft, Mojang Studios or Microsoft in any way.